How is the Program structured?
You’ll complete two nine-month rotations on different teams.
Past APMs have:
• spearheaded LinkedIn’s growth efforts in China;
• built out the brains of the Notifications ecosystem;
• owned the retention and new value efforts for Premium, a key business line;
• led the content creation team for the LinkedIn Feed;
and more. Click here to read about their experiences.
How does mentorship work?
Within your team, your manager will support your career development and long-term goals. You may also have an in-team mentor, who will help you ramp up on day-to-day PM responsibilities.
Outside of your team, you’ll be paired with a senior PM from another area of LinkedIn. You’ll meet with this “official” APM mentor as often as you’d like, and they’ll provide guidance during both of your rotations.
Beyond individual mentorship, you’ll attend weekly APM lunches, where you’ll learn about key product skills from execs and senior product leaders. You’ll also have a host of workshops and bootcamps to support your growth as a product manager.
What happens after the Program?
After your second rotation, you’ll continue to grow your product career as a full PM. You can join one of the teams that you rotated on, or you can join a new team entirely.
What do you look for in Prospective APMs?
We seek candidates with a track record of entrepreneurship or leadership experience, in addition to technical and product expertise.
More specifically, we're looking for candidates with a technical degree who have:
• created a company or a product;
• founded or led a group;
• earned a major scholarship;
• completed a product management internship; OR
• completed a fellowship with a venture capital or entrepreneurial organization.